In addition to the Online Magazine, we annually publish Jabberwock, a journal of academic writing. This journal features research papers and essays on a range of topics, primarily within the domain of literary studies (although we remain open to research work from allied fields and from interdisciplinary perspectives).
Submit to Us
We invite research papers, academic essays, and reviews across disciplines and institutions. Jabberwock currently has two submission cycles:
|General Submissions||November 13 to December 18|
|Theme-Based Submissions||December 25 to February 2|
Submit your paper to email@example.com latest by midnight on December 18, 2017. See the “Submission Guidelines” section for more details.
This year, a section of our journal will be devoted to writings around a particular theme: “Silence”.
In addition to research papers, academic essays and reviews, we also invite creative work (prose/poetry/visual arts) based on this theme. Submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by midnight on February 2, 2018. See “Submission Guidelines” for more details.
The concept note provided above is simply a beginning. Feel free to move beyond the interpretations available in this concept note or to disagree with the ideas Jabberwock has put forth. It is our hope that the conversation we create through this theme is engaging for both writers and readers.
- Please submit your work in .doc, .docx or .pages format only.
- All submissions should follow the format prescribed by MLA (Seventh Edition):
- Ensure that all works are cited properly, and insert a Works Cited list at the end of the document.
- Pages should be appropriately numbered.
- All submissions should be in twelve point, Times New Roman.
- As a general rule, we prefer footnotes to endnotes.
- Images to be inserted only when necessary and properly cited.
- Subject line of the email should read “Journal 2018 Submission”.
- Body of the email should contain
- Name, Year, Department, College, and contact details.
- A declaration that you are submitting original work, and are not sending us plagiarised material, unintentional or otherwise.
In case of queries or feedback, contact us at email@example.com or on our Facebook page. If you wish to receive a copy of Jabberwock 2017, email us. We maintain a mailing list to update our readers on events and calls for submissions, do consider signing up for the same.